Sunday 31 May 2015

Autumn/Winter 2014 – Fun and games with models

Following my return to UEA I’ve again spent most of my time processing and analysing data from the 2014 field season. As of September I’m officially in the third year of my PhD (gulp!) and so have started to work on drafting chapters for my thesis too. This has meant getting to grips with modelling in R, which has proven to be an equally fascinating and frustrating exercise! I’ve mainly been working on producing a Habitat Suitability Map for the European roller in Cyprus, using road transect data collected by Alessandro and me in the spring. I’m also cleaning up the noise in the GPS logger data we downloaded from foraging birds in 2014, and am nearly at the stage where I can produce some kernels. Watch this space…

No comments:

Post a Comment