Sunday 31 May 2015

March 2015 – Conferences galore

March has been a busy month for me as I presented my work at three different conferences. The annual ‘Rebellion’ at UEA was fun and interesting as always, the international Student Conference on Conservation Science at Cambridge University was a fascinating experience, and the BTO’s annual Spring conference was the pick of the bunch.  
 
The latter was co-convened by my Primary Supervisor at UEA (Dr Aldina Franco) and was entitled ‘Birds in time and space: avian tracking and remote sensing’. There were some fantastic presentations given, including excellent talks by my PhD colleagues Tom and Nathalie on their work with rollers and white storks. I presented a poster on the preliminary findings of the GPS logger data from Cyprus. Take a look at those lovely polygons!
 
Excerpt from BTO conference poster
 
It was also great to catch up with host of other researchers, including Dr’s Chris Hewson and Phil Atkinson from the BTO and some of the guys from the Lund Migration ecology course Tom and I attended a couple of years back. Always a nice way to spend some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment